We have the knowledge, experience, and networks to guide your business through your local legal challenges. We are D.C. residents and business-owners, and we are ready to help you.
David L. Goldblatt
David L. Goldblatt brings a wealth of experience to his clients in legislative advocacy and real estate development. For his clients, Mr. Goldblatt provides access to governmental officials and guidance on how to traverse government agencies and programs.
Thorn L. Pozen advises private companies, private and public institutions and government entities on local government, government ethics, campaign finance, land-use, and administrative law issues.
Kevin Hilgers, Esq.
Associate Attorney | 202-618-5829
Kevin Hilgers assists clients with matters related to local government, real property, and business law. He has particular experience working with the Council of the District of Columbia and D.C. agencies on government relations and administrative matters, as well as representing clients in the D.C. Office of Administrative Hearings and D.C. Superior Court.
Representative matters include:
- Assisting clients with matters with multiple District offices and agencies.
- Advising clients on pandemic-related requirements for businesses under local and federal jurisdictions.
- Advising clients on business formation and Certified Business Enterprise (CBE) certification.
- Assisting in obtaining millions of dollars in District investment for economic development projects and nonprofit organizations.
- Successfully represented an out-of-state corporation in obtaining dismissal of a malicious prosecution lawsuit in D.C. Superior Court.
- Successfully represented a worker in rescinding an invalid settlement and reinstating workers compensation benefits, including retroactive benefits in excess of $50,000, from the D.C. government.
- Representing clients in bid protests before the Contract Appeals Board.
- Presenting to individual clients and business associations on employment law best practices and developments.
- Legislative counsel to real estate industry trade association.
Marymagdaline Onyango, Esq.
Associate Attorney| 202-618-5836
Marymagdaline C. Onyango assists clients with matters related to employment law, local government and business law. She also has experience working on District of Columbia administrative matters. While working as a law clerk she worked on complex cases in the areas of medical malpractice, wills trust and estates and real property law.
Jasmine Cummings, C.P.
Senior Paralegal | 202-795-9999
Jasmine Cummings is GMP’s Senior Paralegal. She has extensive litigation and document management experience. As a litigation professional, she is very familiar with trial preparation and assisting attorneys of the firm as they navigate the D.C. and Maryland court systems. As a non-lawyer in the firm, she has significant experience shown in her years of litigation support, legal research, and administrative functions.
Why Choose Us?
Honest, Experienced Lawyers
Our attorneys are thought leaders in their areas of expertise. We are honest and meticulous, and we will work to make DC work for you.
Expertise and Experience
Our team members have worked in the highest levels of District Government. We know DC, and we can help you.
Our niche firm is the perfect size for your business needs. Our attorneys give each client’s matter their personal attention to arrive at the best solution possible.